Do you find yourself needing to squint to look at the TV, whiteboard, or other distant objects? Many people consider nearsightedness to be a normal phenomenon. However, it's important to understand that myopia control is necessary to improve your vision and manage your symptoms. At Sunny Isles Eye Center in Sunny Isles Beach, our optometrist and eye care team can help you manage your myopia so you can see clearly and enhance your quality of life! If you're considering visiting the eye doctor, reach out to us to schedule your exam and read on below to discover what our myopia control services can do for you.
What is Myopia?
Myopia, also known as nearsightedness, is one of the most common refractive errors of the eye, affecting over 30% of the United States population. Myopia occurs when light does not properly focus onto the retina, resulting in blurry distant vision and clear near vision. Although myopia may improve with age in some cases, it can worsen without proper management or treatment.
Some symptoms you may experience if you are nearsighted include:
- Blurry vision when looking at distant objects
- Squinting to see distant objects more clearly
- Headaches or eyestrain when trying to focus
- Difficulty seeing street signs, movie screens, or whiteboards in school
All of these symptoms can impact your quality of life, so it's best to schedule an appointment with an eye doctor as soon as possible.
Myopia Control Treatment Options
At Sunny Isles Eye Center, our optometrist can provide various treatment options to help you manage your myopia and improve your vision. Some of the most common treatments include:
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses: Corrective lenses are a popular choice for managing nearsightedness. Our optometrist can assist you in finding the right type and strength of lenses that best suit your lifestyle.
- Orthokeratology: This non-surgical myopia control treatment involves wearing specially designed contact lenses while sleeping. These lenses gently reshape the cornea to reduce myopic refractive error, allowing you to enjoy clear vision without glasses or contacts during the day.
- Refractive Surgery: If you prefer not to wear glasses or contacts, you can opt for laser refractive surgery. This procedure reshapes the eye to reduce myopic refraction and can provide clear vision without corrective lenses.
Schedule an Appointment in Sunny Isles Beach, FL
If you're experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, don't hesitate to contact our office and schedule an appointment at Sunny Isles Eye Center. Dr. Yagudaev can thoroughly evaluate your vision and recommend the best treatments for you. Contact us today to learn more about myopia control and regain clear vision!